Nike has turned a 19th-century Chicago church into a state of the art basketball training facility – installing a court in its former sanctuary.
The Church of Epiphany is located on the city’s West Side and dates back to 1895. Renamed ‘Just Do It HQ at The Church’, it comprises a new court, gym and locker room, which will be used by local schools.
Stained glass windows and the vaulted timber-beamed ceilings have been preserved. New additions include custom-designed floor markings and electric blue lighting, which give the converted church a contemporary spin.
The new locker room also borrows motifs from the stained glass windows, with arches and a decorative pattern translated from protective window screens.
Just Do It HQ at The Church will also be open to the public on Saturdays.