Situated on the corner of Femte Juni Plads in Copenhagen’s well-heeled Frederiksberg district is a landmark villa from 1893 that has been refurbished for contemporary living.
Frederiksberg is an independent municipality within the city of Copenhagen and takes its name from June 5th, 1849, when the Danish King Frederik VII signed the Danish Constitution. The square was constructed between 1905 and 1907 and has a park-like setting with beautifully landscaped lawns, avenue trees, spring flowers and statues, surrounded by monumental mansions.
This villa stands apart within this context, having been respectfully refurbished within its period character and imbued with a modern, minimalist style.
The ground floor features a modern kitchen and two living rooms with wainscoting and high ceilings, while traces of the building’s past can be seen in the three upper-level bedrooms, accessed via a curving wooden staircase.