This 15th-century palazzo apartment has undergone a ‘renaissance’ of its own in recent years.
Dating back to 1420, the building was designed by Italian architect Filippo Brunelleschi – a founding father of the Renaissance movement – as a theatre. Here musicians, poets and intellectuals met under the patronage of Count Giovanni de’ Bardi as part of the Florentine Camerata.
In 2011, the palazzo was given a complete restoration.
The 3,444 sq ft apartment features a soaring seven-metre ceiling and frescoed walls that date back to the 18th century. Original stucco and stone have also been retained and restored in the three-bedroom apartment.
Elsewhere, Bauhaus and Modernist furniture by the likes of Mies Van der Rohe, Eames and Le Corbusier juxtapose with the space’s classical romantic friezes.
The apartment’s layout has also been flipped on its head with a seating area and bedrooms on the lower floor – hidden behind sliding glass doors – and the living room and kitchen on a mezzanine level.
It is sited close to the Arno River, as well as culture spots like the Museo Galileo and Teatro Verdi at the heart of Florence.