The original divorcee’s countryside lodge in the Shropshire town of Ludlow has hit the market.
Catherine of Aragon, the first wife of King Henry VIII, was a one-time resident at the Grade II*-listed townhouse. The three-storey stone and timber structure dates back to the 13th century but was rebuilt in 1580.
It features centuries-old fittings such as stained glass, oak carvings and timber panelling throughout its 12 bedrooms, great hall and drawing room. The property also comes with a courtyard garden and is surrounded by countryside fields for noble pursuits like horse riding.
Catherine of Aragon’s former home is available to buy via Balfours. Price is available upon request.